About this course
This very stimulating workshop introduces the skills required to take part in successful negotiations. It introduces a systematic approach to preparing and conducting negotiations at all levels.
Who should attend?
Managers, executives, buyers, procurement officers and other staff who negotiate
- Feel more confident when negotiating
- Positively influence the outcomes of your negotiations
- Achieve win-win outcomes in negotiations
- Apply a systematic approach to preparing for a negotiation
- Learn how to avoid common negotiating mistakes
- Practice putting your views across in non-confrontational ways
Introduction and overview
- What is negotiation?
- When is negotiation a good idea?
- The four elements of an effective negotiation
Element one: interests
- Underlying reasons for conflict
- Analysing wants and needs - generating options
- A difficult situation from your workplace
Element two: options
- Generating and evaluating possible options
- Identifying your ideal outcome
- Common errors when generating options
Element three: criteria for fairness
- Establishing and agreeing criteria
- Common pitfalls when evaluating fairness
Element four: criteria for fairness
- What to consider when closing a deal
- Ways to close a deal successfully
A Framework for the Negotiation Process
|27 - 28 March 2019
|09.00 - 17.00