IELTS Examiner is a key role in delivering the IELTS test on paper and on computer
|Closing date||Thursday 31 August 2023|
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Examiners.
The candidate should have:
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course.
- At least 3 years’ full time (or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one year post-certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills.
The British Council has an Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy as well as Child Protection policy. We ask our partners and service providers to review these policies and by signing a contract with us, adhere to these policies.
The British Council has an Equal Opportunities Diversity and Inclusion Policy that prohibits unjustifiable discrimination on the grounds of gender, marital status, sexual identity, religious belief, political opinion, race, work pattern, age, disability or HIV/AIDS status, socio-economic background, past convictions, trade union activity or membership, or on the basis of having or not having dependants. Our Equal Opportunities Policy forms part of your partnership with the British Council, and we expect all our partners to respect its principles in carrying their work with the British Council.
The British Council believe that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989.
In line with the British Council's Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks including criminal record checks, in line with legal requirements.
How to apply
Please download the documents listed below, fill in Appendix 3: Application Form according to instructions and ask your referee to fill in Appendix 5: Letters to Referee.
- Appendix 1 - Guide for Applicants to IELTS Examiners
- Appendix 3 - Application Form
- Appendix 4 - IELTS Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements
- Appendix 5 - Letters to Referee
Submit your complete requirements to applicants_ID@britishcouncil.org with Subject Line: Examiner Application - "Applicant Name" - "Country".
These posts have a rolling application deadline as we will accept applications until we have filled all our posts. We encourage interested applicants to apply as early as possible.