About this course
IELTS Coach is a British Council course aimed to prepare learners taking the Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test. IELTS Coach will help you in IELTS strategies such as time management, analysing questions, identifying keywords and issues, and scanning skills.
Who is this course for?
This course is for any students looking to improve their academic performance for the IELTS test.
What does the course cover?
You will learn how to develop effective test strategies and practise doing sample IELTS tasks. You will also receive personalised feedback throughout the course from one of our qualified instructors on how to boost your IELTS performance.
Course overview for each skill:
- Full practise with question types for Sections 1 to 4
- Form completion, sentence completion, summary completion, flowchart completion,
- Short answer, and multiple choice questions
- Language covered includes compound nouns, words with similar sounds, vocabulary for education, and linking expressions
- Topics include joining a club, living on a budget, education, and study trips
- Full practice for parts 1 to 3
- Giving extended and more detailed answers
- Identifying question types and increasing grammatical knowledge
- Improving pronunciation and avoiding breakdowns in speech
- Topics include study and work, media, education, leisure time, gifts, and travel
- A range of texts and question types such as flowchart completion, multiple choice, true/false/not given, heading matching, sentence completion, summary completion, and categorisation
- Language areas include language for science, numerical terminology, words with similar meaning, and compound words
- Topics include scientific discovery, population change, public art, and economic resources
- Full practice for Tasks 1 and 2
- Sub-skills include writing introductions and overviews, categorising data, following instructions, brainstorming and planning, and structuring paragraphs
- Topics include shopping, household budgets, advertising, international relations, and the world of work
Prepare your IELTS test as early as possible and remember to prepare it with the British Council