|Date||20-21 February 2019|
|Time||09.00 - 17.00|
About this course
This comprehensive workshop focuses on the skills and strategies required for academic writing.Through analysis and hands-on activities, you will learn how to plan, write and edit more efficiently and effectively. You will write, refine your work and receive feedback from your trainer and other participants on your strengths and areas to improve.
Who should attend?
Anyone either preparing for or currently attending a higher education degree course who is looking to improve their academic writing skills.
- Better understand the stylistic and linguistic demands of academic writing
- Analyse the process behind writing in an academic style
- Improve strategies in proof-reading more effectively
- Feel more confident in being able to write well in academic writing situations
- Achieve better results in academic writing tasks
- Take your academic writing to the next level
- Achieving an appropriate and consistent register
- Using the academic wordlist
- Hedging and avoiding absolute statements
- Building academic arguments
- Crafting effective paragraphs